Followers

Monday, November 26, 2012

Casket: The removable ink tray

Today I built the tiny tray that fits into the center front of the top compartment of the casket. Ha, this was the most difficult part so far to build, no surprises there, and you dare not sneeze or breathe too hard, guess I don't have to explain that one. I won't say anything about sawing the little pieces, except believe it or not, I am actually using my table saw for it.















Here you can see the little tray outside of the casket, the two small compartments on either side are meant for ink containers, you can see it clearly in this photo of the original casket, click on fullscreen and roll your mouse over the image and you can see all the fine details of the casket. I think I have an idea for adding the little lids, I will probably glue them permanently in place.





















And the tray in place in the casket, I also made an envelope to put in the letter slot.

Elga

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh my! I can't imagine how you can cut such tiny pieces so perfectly. It is going to be lovely.

Irene said...

This is really amazing - what a steady hand you must have!

Miniature Treasures said...

I love this piece of work Elga, boxes like this have always held a facination for me, yours is a perfectly formed piece of craftmanship in every sense. Beautiful!

otterine said...

Wow! Amazing detail!

Ilona said...

A table saw ^*^ !!!!???? I shouldn't dare that! The casket is a miracle of precision and patience ;)! Fantastic work.
Groetjes, Ilona

Fabiola said...

Wonderful and so tiny.
Bye Faby

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
That is just amazing. i still can't believe something that small can be so accurate.
I really admire your skill. Incredible work.
Big hug,
Giac