Yesterday it rained most of the day and I finally had time to make a frame for my Victorian sampler.
I will probably hang the sampler in the bedroom of my dollhouse, so I photographed it against the William Morris wall paper that I plan to use in the bedroom. I made the molding from South African candlewood, I love it because of the wonderful grain and color.
I hope you can see the grain better in this photo, it is not easy to take photos of it.
To make the molding, I first used the big cutter on the left to cut a rebate in the back of the molding, I then turned the molding over and used the same cutter to cut a wider shallow rebate on the inside edge of the molding. Next I used the cutter that you can see on the right to give the inside edge that nice hollowed out curve and lastly I used the small round over router bit for the outside edge of the molding.
Enjoy your Sunday
Back To Normal... - Well, it's normal for this household... I was busy all day yesterday getting kits ready for today's Witches... That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! ...
5 hours ago