Followers

Sunday, November 25, 2012

All Framed Up

Yesterday it rained most of the day and I finally had time to make a frame for my Victorian sampler.






















I will probably hang the sampler in the bedroom of my dollhouse, so I photographed it against the William Morris wall paper that I plan to use in the bedroom. I made the molding from South African candlewood, I love it because of the wonderful grain and color.






















I hope you can see the grain better in this photo, it is not easy to take photos of it.

















To make the molding, I first used the big cutter on the left to cut a rebate in the back of the molding, I then turned the molding over and used the same cutter to cut a wider shallow rebate on the inside edge of the molding. Next I used the cutter that you can see on the right to give the inside edge that nice hollowed out curve and lastly I used the small round over router bit for the outside edge of the molding.

Enjoy your Sunday
Elga

13 comments:

Christine said...

A stunning piece and the framing sets it off beautifully. Well done.

Catherine said...

The sampler turned out great!. How nice to be able to make your own custom frames. I had never heard of candle wood before today. It is really beautiful.

Lucy Coles said...

Your frame is beautiful...I love the wood color. The sampler looks great framed.

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

¡Fantástico! feliz semana:)

miniacollection said...

Stunning work!
Geneviève

Fabiola said...

Amazing!
Bye Faby

Ilona said...

This sampler looks great on the wall paper, especially the colors match very well :D! The frame is wonderful, I can see the grain of the wood very well!
Groetjes, Ilona

Gee said...

I had never heared of candlewood before, either.
But it has a beautiful grain and color.
I love your framed sampler to bits!
Hugs,
Gee

Indy_Poppy said...

Your sampler is beautiful. Looks great against the wallpaper. IndyPoppy.

John said...

Your finished sampler looks particularly lovely in your custom, candlewood frame, Elga!

Idske said...

Love the sampler and the frame!

mcddiss said...

un trabajo precioso

besitos

Mari

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
i think the frame and color is just perfect! it looks so beautiful agains the paper. you really make the most perfect miniatures. I admire your talent very much.
Big hug,
Giac