Followers

Friday, November 30, 2012

A Lovely Surprise Gift!!!

Oh, I love days like today, I went to the post office today, hoping that a parcel I have been waiting for would be there. There was a parcel, but not the one I was thinking of, this one was huge and I wasn't expecting a huge parcel from anybody. As soon as I saw that it came from Natalia, my curiosity was awakened, I was expecting a small piece of silk gauze from her, she was looking for some 112 count and couldn't find any, so I agreed to give her some in exchange for some 72 count, but this parcel was way too big and heavy for just a piece of gauze.

And look what I found inside!!! Christmas came early this year :-))))))























A 1923 book on furniture in the Metropolitan museum of art! I absolutely love old books, so this is a real treasure.
















The inside covers.























The front page showing the 1923 date.
















A chair that I would like to make.
















And a lovely dresser, thank you so much Natalia, this was a wonderful surprise gift and I really appreciate it.

And here is a little something for you all, I found this book to download on-line, original copies are quite rare, so enjoy and do look at the rest of the website, it looks as if there are quite a few interesting books, etc to download.

Have a wonderful weekend
Elga

15 comments:

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Elga,
Thanks for sharing that book. I'm going to visit the side of that book.
Is my Jewelry Armoire Box also mentioned in that book ? (little joke)
Hugs Dorien

Catherine said...

What a great book and gift! It certianly found the right person to live with.

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Elga,
I've visited the site of this wonderful book. I really want to thank you for sharing this with your followers.
I would like to put it on to my blog also if you don't mind. Let me know if you allow me.
Hugs Dorien

Elga said...

You are welcome to share the link, Dorien.

Mini Southern Millworks said...

Very nice Elga ... Now i will be on the hunt for my collection... like i don't have enough . LOL

otterine said...

What a perfect gift for you! :D

Ilona said...

What a enormous gift of Natalia, you surely enjoy this gesture :D!!
Also thanks for sharing this link.
Groete, Ilona ;)

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Elga,
Thank you and also thanks to Natalia. She also helped me to find a book.
You're wonderful and helpful people.
Hugs Dorien

miraclechicken said...

Oh how wonderful :)

Anneke said...

This is so awesome! Maybe I'll try and make a piece of furniture now...

How wonderfull she gifted you the book, it will probably result in some amazing work from your hands!

Rebecca said...

Looks like a jackpot of a gift for you. Congrats. What a super friend you have. What will you make first out it?

Gee said...

what a beautiful book, you lucky girl! That is one sweet Santa!
Thank you so much for the download link, I just love these old books!
Hugs,
Gee

mcddiss said...

que bonito regalo, seguro que le sacaras mucho partido a ese libro

besitos

Mari

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
What a great present! It looks like a wonderful book and thank you for posting the link.
Big hug,
Giac

Mini Southern Millworks said...

oooooooooh very nice !!