To start with I cut a card-stock template of the bin front and used that to set my angle on the slide of my table saw, the blade is tilted to 45 degrees as I am using miter cuts, so that no end grain will be visible on the bin.
Next I used the card-stock to set the stop on my saw so that all the pieces would be the same size, I first cut a few pieces from scrap to make sure the sizes are correct.
Here the first piece is cut (still scrap wood).
Here the wood is flipped over for the second cut, by just flipping the wood after each cut I could cut all the pieces quickly and easily without wasting any wood. The sides are narrower so after all the fronts and backs were cut I just reset the stop for the smaller sides.
I cut a rebate on the bottom of each piece with the drill press for the bottom of the bin. Looking a bit like puzzle pieces.
Now I turned all the pieces with the outside to the top, lined them up carefully and taped all the pieces together.
Checking that it goes together right and it is!!!!
Next I cut the bottom and made sure it fitted tightly before I put glue on all the mitered edges and taped the last corner together, the bottom helps to keep it square while the glue dries.
The glue is dry and the bin is ready to be fitted into the sliding frame.
It fits beautifully after a bit of final sanding, all the rebates on the frame was cut on the drill press.
Looking down into the bin.
And here the bin drawer is inserted into the sewing table,now for the last piece, the sliding screen in the back. The sewing table has been a real lesson in how to fit many little parts together. I still have 20 hinges to make and a lot of finishing to do, but the end is in sight. I am also starting on my new project next week, Chippendale chairs, so watch this space as I will show how to make all the details.