Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Some things were just meant to be!!!!!!


















I guess we all sometimes need a break from mini's, today was my turn. I saw this piece of petit point in an antique shop on Sunday and when asking if it was sale the shop owner looked at me as if I were a bit crazy and said "You can have it, dear!' I didn't know what I was going to do with it until I stumbled over this tutorial for a tea cup pin cushion this morning. I knew I had an old chipped saucer less cup somewhere, fortunately I had a good idea of where it was and found it quickly. Here I have already sewed the petit point to a circle of batiste.


















Next I pinned some lace to it to help hide the chip.


















I then cut a circle out of  Styrofoam and glued some cotton batting to the sides and folding it down onto the bottom, the pins are keeping it in place while the glue dries.


















In the cup.


















The fabric cut to size and gathered in the bottom, with two pieces of batting for the top of the pin cushion.


















The smaller circle of batting goes on first and then the bigger one.


















With the fabric wrapped around and gathered tight.



















Not too shabby for a quick afternoon job and now I have somewhere to put those extra needles while I do my petit point.

Elga

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What a lucky find! That was the perfect thing to do with that piece of petit point. I am sure that would made the person who stitched it very happy to see it is having a second life. And one for a fellow stitcher!

otterine said...

Marvelous! It's beautiful work and now gets to be showcased instead of neglected! :D

rosanna said...

So cute ! I love it!

Irene said...

What a lovely and unusual idea. Thank you for showing how you did it.

Ilona said...

Elga, what a lovely idea, I've never seen something before. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Ilona

Cookie Ziemba said...

Elga, what a lovely creative idea!

ludwina said...

it looks perfectly charming!

Giac said...

Hi Elga,
How lovely! that was a wonderful idea and the end result is absolutely beautiful!
Hugs,
Giac