Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Some things are really SMALL!!!!























I finally managed to finish the screen frames for the sewing tables, they are really small, here is the back showing the rebate where the petit point will fit in.























I tea-dyed my petit point, the white background was just too bright and I also had to disguise a few dirt marks that the white thread picked up along the way.























I cut a piece of plastic to fit the frame and covered the one side with double side tape to mount the petit point to the plastic.






















The petit point mounted to the plastic. Next I sealed the last row of stitching on all four sides with glue....























And then.... a real SCARY step, cut all the extra gauze off!!!!























Showing it in the table that still needs a few finishing touches.























Even with the table top raised you still see the birds.

Elga

16 comments:

latchkey and jonquil said...

That's fantastic Elga! I love the colour details - and I know what you mean about finishing. My heart is always in my mouth at those moments, hoping that nothing goes wrong after so much time spent stitching!

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
WOW! That is beautiful. I admire your skill so much. The tablke is beautiful and the petit point fantastic. It amazes me that something that small is so perfetc in detail! It honestly looks like a real life piece!
Congratulations...it's Beautiful!
Hugs,
Giac

Catherine said...

The finished piece is so beautiful how I wish I could really see it in person!!! Oh boy, after all that work having to tea stain it then cutting off the gauze so close to the stitches!!! OMG!!!

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Elga,

This is fantastic. I'm a little bit jealous of your working spirit. I'm looking forward to your next item.
Hugs,
Dorien

Cote said...

Precioso trabajo, felicidades!!
Besitos

isabelle said...

C'est très très beau! Quel travail magnifique!
Isabelle

otterine said...

This is gorgeous! I know the fear of cutting...always hold my breath. :D

Linda said...

This is beautiful! The petit-point and the way you have framed it show so much skill and careful attention to detail. Thank you for sharing with us!

Marie-Laure said...

Lovely piece of embroidery and great sewing table !

Fabiola said...

This petit-point is a small tresure.
Bye Faby

Sanschichis said...

Magnifique! Je suis très impressionnée par cet énorme travail pour une si petite chose!

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Fantástica, una obra maestra, felicidades :)

lesnuestrescoses said...

!Precioso!es tan pequeño y con tanto detalle,tiene un dibujo muy bonito , el resultado es fantastico. Un saludo

Drora's minimundo said...

Look gorgeous! It's a piece of art!
Hugs

Rosamargarita said...

tu pulso es maravilloso
Un abrazo

miniaturista said...

Me ha gustado mucho tu trabajo.
Un abrazo
Maite