Followers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chandelier






















Last weekend I went into a bead shop and they had Swarovski crystals on a 50% sale, well I wasn't going to refuse this opportunity :-) They just screamed the word CHANDELIER, since I wanted it with a working light and felt a bit lazy, I went to my local dollhouse shop to see if there was any light fitting that I could maybe turn into a chandelier and I found this ceiling fitting.


















I used bigger crystals in the center that had big enough holes for the wire to go through and glued the bottom crystal to the plastic cover that is on top of the light bulb. The brass part around the light has 20 openings, so I used every second one, I found a jewelry finding with 10 holes and used that for the top, I tried a few different combinations of crystals until I was happy and simply used invisible thread to string the beads. This photo was taken with a flash so that you can see the colors of the crystals.























I love how it looks in the house, my floor isn't made yet, so this is just a bit of a mock-up, I have been a bit sick since Wednesday and needed to do something that doesn't involve wood dust.

Elga

8 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Elga, it's a beautiful chandelier. I love it. I hope you you are fully recovered.
Hugs

malu2 said...

Preciosa esta lampara!!!Besos.

Alexandra said...

It looks cique.
Very nice.
Greetings, Alexandra

Amary said...

Hi Elga! I loved, it's beautiful! I hope you get better soon! Greetings!

Miniatures by Natalia said...

Beautifully made! Take care of yourself and recover soon. Have a great Sunday!

Gemma said...

Hola! Te ha quedado muy bien, muy buena idea.
Un beso

elly in amsterdam said...

Gorgeous Elga!! It will look absolutely great in your Victorian setting, I am sure. Take care.

Debora said...

WOW, bling-bling! Not my taste but it sure looks good and fits the room so well; the green color works surprisingly well with the dark reds. You definetely have an eye for color.

You take care & get well soon