I spent yesterday making chamfers on the chair legs, I was so scared that I will ruin the leg that I almost abandoned the idea, but when a Google search revealed that they all looked liked this, I knew I would never be happy if I didn't make it authentically. I just used a small needle file and emory board to make the chamfers. Just click on the pictures if you want to see them bigger.
Once I got the hang of it, it went rather quickly. Next I glued it all together, the backsplat, shoe and crest rail will be done last, so I will spent the next few days on the front legs and the rest of the seat rails and stretcher bars. I have gained a new respect for the artisans out there, it is a whole lot of hard work and very time consuming to make miniatures with this level of detail.