Followers

Friday, September 28, 2012

Handmade miniature marble paper.

I so hoped my marble paper for the caskets would come before the weekend and it did!

















Isn't that paper just wonderful, it is so thin, I am almost scared to touch it, but it works beautifully, the velvet paper will be used for the drawer fronts of the casket. The paper was specially made for me by Jemma Lewis in the UK and I am so happy with it. I spent a quick half hour in my workshop to test my ideas out for the casket and just love the results.





















I lined the top compartment of the casket with the paper and the front that will be hidden by the sliding panel. I gilded the edges with aluminium, I chose aluminium because it doesn't tarnish like silver and I don't want the petit point to be stained or something after a while. I really like it and are eager to get my teeth into this project.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Elga

11 comments:

*Mieke*Petitevictorianrose*and*PastTimeChildhood said...

Hi Elga, I love your marble paper :)
Such lovely colors.
The casket looks beautiful !
Have a great weekend.

Hugs Mieke xxx

Catherine said...

That paper is beautiful. It will look wonderful in your casket.

Helen said...

Elga, that paper is beautiful & it looks fabulous in your casket! The miniatures you create are absolutely exquisite!
Many thanks for the link!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend! x

rosanna said...

Elga, it is people like you who made me fall head to heels for minis.
You make the most exquisite pieces and it's always a joy to come and see what you have achieved.
Good night, Rosanna

Fi.P said...

Oh the paper is just beautiful Elga.

I can't believe the tiny pattern, the colours will look beautiful with the petit point. I'm amazed at all the beautiful and tiny things you make.

ML Fi xx

PILAR6373 said...

Es perfecto y muy bonito!!!
Besos.

Ilona said...

Hi Elga, the casket looks beautiful so far. And the paper: it is unbelievable so thin and when I look at the match it is so detailed with the marble dessin!
Ik wist niet dat de beits invloed heeft op het petit point werk, alweer iets geleerd van je, dank je wel!
Fijn weekend, groetjes, Ilona

Fabiola said...

This paper is perfect for your casket.
Bye Faby

Mini Southern Millworks said...

Nice !!!!!!

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
It is beautiful. Great job attaching it to your project and thank you for letting us all in on another great ressource.
Big hug,
Giac

Sandie said...

How lovely! Looking forward to seeing progress on the casket - I haven't started mine, I have a 'stitchers block' when it comes to doing it. Mini hugs Sandie