Thank you everyone for all your lovely comments on the sampler I have started, I have stitched a bit more on it, it is kind of addictive ;-)
I am quite pleased with the bird after about 3 tries, I used a half cross stitch to give it the sharp beak and a french knot to make the eye. When you stitch something this small your colors have to contrast a lot more than in full scale embroidery, otherwise your colors just become a blur and you lose the details of the design. I wanted my own name on the sampler but with a period correct date for my dollhouse, so I simply deducted a hundred years from my birth date to put the sampler back into Victorian times.
In a next post I will try and show you how I reduce the motifs for those of you who would like to try this for yourself.
Jumping Around... - First of all, I meant to tell you about a source for really nice buttons... I happened to see these in the "Dollar Tree" the other day... I bought them f...
8 hours ago