Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Victorian House: The Scullery

I was busy cleaning out my dollhouse when I realized that I have never shown you photos of the scullery before. I wanted a veranda too somewhere on the house and thought that grandma would enjoy shelling peas, etc outside on a nice day.

















The outside.

















Close-up of the roof showing the drainage system. Somebody forgot the pumpkin on the roof and the mice are having a feast.






















Imagine having to make a fire to boil all your whites clean.























The scullery door from the inside.























The scullery will be hinged to the house to give me access to it, the door from the front are too small and you can't see the whole of it either. 























I used moldings to disguise the join as much as possible. 























Glimpse of the scullery from the kitchen. You can read more about the dollhouse here.

Elga 

8 comments:

Karolyn said...

WONDERFUL! Excellent work. Thank You for sharing.

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Elga,
What a nice doll house. I still remember my mother doing the laundry by cooking a fire.
Regards Dorien

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
Your work just blows me away. The exterior is so perfect and so true, down to the last detail. As for the scullery, I swear those pictures look exactly like pictures of real period rooms. Not only to you have all the dtails down, but you organize and place them all just perfectly. I love your work so much. it's always a pleasure.
Big hug,
Giac

otterine said...

What a wonderful room! I love the veranda! :D

Fabiola said...

I like the structure of your dollhouse. The scullery is very nice with many details.
Kiss Faby

Steinworks said...

I love the veranda but I have to tell you a secret, Grandma isn't out there shelling peas!

she took the radio from upstairs and is doing the Jitterbug to Tommy Dorsey


just thought you ought to know :)

Love
Marisa

sorry I've been watching Fred and Ginger movies again :)

John said...

Hi Elga,

Your scullery is so period-perfect! Great job on all the little details.

Best,
John

miraclechicken said...

Wonderful! Thanks for showing it---