I finally finished the back-sticthing on the back panel of the casket.
And here is the back panel before I did any of the back stitching just to show you how the detail pops after adding the back-stitching One of the biggest challenges of working on 90 count silk gauze is the small amount of colors available to choose from, there isn't too many threads out there that are thin enough to use on the small counts. Although the back-stitching is a lot of extra work I think the results are worth the effort.
I am more than halfway with next side panel, I took the photo with an eraser just to give you a sense of how small the panels really are :-)
And this Shaker candle stand was our project for February and March at our monthly meetings of the South African Academy of Miniaturists in Johannesburg. The table is made from Jacaranda wood, the glasses was part of a Christmas swap a few years ago, the readable book is from Barbara Brear, her books are simply amazing, and lastly the ivory elephant candle holder is an antique loose bead that I bought a few years ago at a miniature show.
Have a fantastic week everyone