Followers

Friday, May 31, 2013

Off on another adventure!

Wow, it is ages since I have posted, life has just been very hectic, both on the work and personal side. BUT, it is that time off the year again, time to travel a bit, I am leaving here late tonight for a few days in Amsterdam, will see Elly and Josje and attend the Rheda miniature show in Germany. On Tuesday I will go to New York for two days and then on to Castine for Guild School, I am really looking forward to my trip.

Here are a few photos of some of my work of the last few months.

















Two foot stools that will be covered in petit point by their new owners, the Black wood one will join one of the wing chairs I made last year.























I finished this piece of petit point that I showed you in progress some time ago.

And then a very special commission, I was asked to repeat the sewing table I made last year, this is piece is special to me, as it is the first time that a piece of mine will go to a museum, it is to become part of the Kathleen S Browning Miniatures Collection at the Kentucky Gateway museum in Maysville, Kentucky, USA.























I changed a few small things this time round, I made the drawer with dovetails and changed the petit point so that it would fill the screen better. I also changed two or three of the colors and like the darker warmer background color a lot more, it ties in better with the wood color. The big drawer looks very light in the photo but it is darker in real.

Have a great weekend
Elga

17 comments:

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Elga,

Wish you a nice trip to Amsterdam. You can visit the Rijksmuseum. Have a lot of fun and maybe you can bring some sunshine to the Netherlands.
What a big compliment that a museum wants your.
Enjoy your trip and I wish you a lot of fun.
Hugs Dorien

jeffry said...

Hi Elga, have safe journey to Amsterdam! Will see you at Rheda.
And again your work looks wonderfull.
A big congratulations that one of your miniatures will now be on display at a museum!!

Giac said...

Hello Elga,
You can officially say you make museum quality miniatures. Congratulations. I always love seeing your beautiful work! Have a safe and fun trip. Enjoy your time at the Guild school.
Big hug to you and your mom,
Giac

Fabiola said...

Congratulations! It's a recognition for your wonderful work.
Bye, Faby

Catherine said...

Elga,

Oooh congratulations! What an honor to have your beautiful work in that museum. That is such a gorgeous piece.
Have a WONDERFUL time on your trip. I know how you love going to Maine. Seeing friends on the way and going to a show is icing on the cake! :-)
I look forward to hearing all about it when you come home. Take lots and lots of pictures you can share with us.

miniacollection said...

Beautiful and stunning work! It was funny for me to see your embroidery with the doves because a few years ago I did it for a firescreen.
Enjoy your trip! I'm sure you'll bring back photos to show us.
Geneviève

Idske de Jong said...

Not a surprise at all that your miniatures are museum quality! Love the dovetails, it so finishes it to perfection. The embroidery is stunning and I just love the colours. The footstools look like a lovely challenge as a petit point project!

Enjoy Amsterdam, Rheda, New York and Castine!!!

miraclechicken said...

Your sewing table is to die for!! Wishing you a great, fun trip----

Melissa Boling said...

Oooooh Elga, that's the ultimate compliment for Kaye to choose your work for the museum! It really is beautifully done. Congratulations! I'll have to give you a hug for that when I see you in a few days. :-)

MelyMel said...

Elga le tue miniature sono assolutamente stupende, di una qualità grandissima e davvero molto raffinate.
Un bacio,
Mely

John said...

Wow, Elga! How impressive to have a museum commission on your already storied resume --congratulations! I hope you have a lovely trip: take lots of pics and say 'hi' to Josje and the gang!

XOXO,
John

Ilona said...

Congratulations that your work will be on display in a museum, Elga!!
I know you are already here in The Netherlands, did you've had a good flight? I wish you lots of fun in Rheda and at the Guild school, I also hope you'll have a safe trip to the USA.
Thank you for your email, it is much appreciated by me. It seems to go well now with my brother, thank God.
Hugs, Ilona

Debora said...

I know you'll be at Ellie's when i'm posting this. Non the less; chapeau for having your work being chosen to be on display. It was one of your ambitions so pad pad pad on the shoulder for having accomplished it in such a short time. Your work is worth it; full of detail and very precise.

I'll be leaving in a few days too, and really looking forward to it again! Enjoy your travels and adventures till you get to Maine, as i will do to!!! See you soon :)

maria l. said...

Me parece una labor admirable. Paciencia y destreza son necesarias, además de buen gusto
Un placer mirar tus trabajos

Gee said...

So, now a museum has discovered what we knew all along... :) Congratulations, Elga, justice for your awesome work!
Have lots of fun on your trips, get back safe and please make lots of pics!
Hugs,
Gee

Andy said...

Hi Elga

Congratulations, all well deserved! Beautiful work as always!

Enjoy your trip, have lots of fun, relax and enjoy the experience!! ;o)

regards
Andy x

Sandra said...

Well I have known that your work is of museum quality so it is wonderful that this beautiful piece will be on display to get the recognition that your work deserves. Congratulations Elga! Sandie