Followers

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stitching with Animals

It has been awhile since I last posted, 4 days after I came back from Castine my mom was admitted to hospital with severe abdominal pain, she had a pancreas abscess, after getting the infection levels down, she was operated on to clean out the abscess and remove the dead tissue. She spend two and a half weeks in hospital, the first week or two was very hectic as it is quite a serious condition, but she recovered faster than what the doctor expected, although she still has a fair way to go until complete recovery.

While I was in Castine my youngest daughter bought a new kitten and he (Yoda) stole my heart as soon as I saw him.


















About 10 weeks old and fast asleep, isn't he cute!


















And he does find the most unusual places comfy to sleep on.























You woke me up!!!


















Yoda has decided to join Anakin (yes, you are right, they were both named after Star Wars characters by my daughter) who has been my faithful stitching companion for quite a few years now, the last few nights, nice and cozy, it is winter here in the South after all.


















Looks like they are becoming friends, Yoda is about 13 weeks old now.
















And lastly, my newest petit point project, I am stitching it on 58 count silk to fit in an antique frame that I bought last year in the USA, once it is finished it will hang in the Victorian dining room. The chart is from Raffaella Serena's book Berlin work Samplers and Embroidery of the 19th century.

Elga

8 comments:

CWPoppets said...

You three look very comfy sitting on the couch. :-) My cat is always trying to "help" with the thread. The motive is beautiful. Hope you will show the finished piece.
Christine

Fabiola said...

Your kitten is adorable.
The new motive is wonderful. I hope to see it finish soon.
Bye Faby

Catherine said...

What an ambitious petit point project. It is going to be beautiful! The frame you bought is gorgeous. I could ask a 100 questions about petit point. I have stitched on 40 count for that you can use floss. I suppose you have to stitch with silk thread on 58 count.

Yoda is adorable. He and Anakin look like they are already best friends.

I am sorry to hear your mother has had health problems. I hope she recovers very soon from her surgery.

Basketcase Miniatures said...

Elga - I wish your mother a very speedy recovery.
Love Yoda - what a cutie!
Stay warm all of you. It's winter here too and I'm already counting the days to Spring! Cheers - Lidi

Fi.P said...

Hi Elga,

so sorry to hear your mother has been unwell. I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

Yoda is adorable, and what a lovely companion for such intricate work, the petit point is beautiful.

ML Fi x

Lucy Coles said...

I am so sorry to hear of your mother's illness...I am glad she is doing better. Your new kitten is very sweet.
Lucy

Andy said...

Hi Elga, I hope your mother is getting better!

The kitten is lovely, a real cutie!
Yoda is a PERFECT name, or should that be PURR-FECT!!?

The embroidery must be taking ages, looks like you've done quite a few stitches already, hope to see progress on this some time! Good luck!!

regards
Andy xxx

Sandie said...

I hope your mother is making a good recovery Elga. Love both Yoda and Anakin! The stitching looks great, and you look cozy. It has been chilly here in Aus too, -3 last night and will be again tonight :). Sandie