Followers

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Biblical Berlin Wool Work



I started this embroidery more than a year ago and finally finished it. It will hang in the top hallway of my Victorian dollhouse, well that floor hasn't been built yet, so it will take a while before it actually hangs on a wall. I stitched it with DMC on 48 count silk, the finished size is 5" by 4". It depicts the story of Jacob waiting for Esau and Jacob is not sure if Esau is coming in peace or not after all the years which explains the wary expressions on their faces. The chart is available from Roland Designs.

Elga

11 comments:

rosanna said...

OMG OMG
It's awesome !!! A great piece of art.
I'm clapping my hands for you Elga.
Have a nice evening, Rosanna

Miniature Treasures said...

Amazing detail! and a beautiful piece of work :)

Patty said...

Elga, It came out stunning!!! I love all of the colors and details of the picture! It will look awesome in your future second story! I have been dying to hear more of your experience at the Castine week!!!!

malu2 said...

Que bonito!!! es precioso!!!! un gran
trabajo.Besos desde España.

keijukammari said...

Wow this is amzing. You did this in scale 1:12? beautiful job. I love embroydery too but I doubt if i could do it that small. Greetings from Finland
Niina
my míniature blog http://pumpuliinanminit.blogspot.com

MelyMel said...

Really beautiful work, I was breathless!
a kiss
MelyG

Miniatures by Natalia said...

Elga, congratulations on completing one more beautiful project! Time to move on another one. What is next? I mean petit pointing? Natalia

miniaturista said...

Muchas felicidades por tan grandioso trabajo, es una maravilla, el punto de cruz y el medio punto son mis hobbies favoritos y sé las horas y paciencia que hay que dedicar a ello, por eso lo aprecio.
Un abrazo
Maite

elly in amsterdam said...

Elga,it is wonderful!!! Now on to your next project I suppose ? :-)

Sandra from Sydney said...

Elga this is truly lovely - you have done a great job! The colours are beautiful and the stitches are so very neat and even. Well done.
Hugs, Sandie

Lucille said...

You do beautiful work. I am blown away.