Followers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

American Fire Screen: Almost Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well, my fire screen is almost finished, it just needs a final sanding, stain and a finish. Two of the corners of the frame will only be glued once the stain and finish has been put on if you are wondering about the gap.



I am quite pleased that the frame can slide up and down and stay in position, I was worried that it would want to fall down to the bottom.



Well, the drawers what can I say, except that it was quite a job, the drawes are only 3/32" (2,4mm) high. I am really happy at how it turned out. Only 4 days left till I leave for Castine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: I really need some photographing lessons!!!!

Elga

9 comments:

rosanna said...

Elga is fabulous!!! both the woodwork and the screen. How I wish I might come to castine...sigh sigh Rosanna

Mooghiscath said...

J'adore les petits tiroirs , c'est géniale !

Caseymini said...

Elga! The fire screen is amazing. I can't wait to see it finished! Have fun in Maine.

Marie75 said...

GREAT !
I love your work and your fire screen is a wonderful piece of cabinetmaking.
Once again : BRAVO !!!

Patty said...

Elga, Another gorgeous piece of art you have made! I can't wait to see it completed! How exciting that your Castine trip is right around the corner!! Take lots of pictures for us!! I look forward to hearing all about your trip!!!

Maria Blanca"AyamontinoMaria" said...

Lovely fire screen! A grart work! Congratulations!. HUgs.

elly in amsterdam said...

Elga , it is gorgeous, stunning, wonderful ( and I have mislaid my dictionary, so no more words of praise on the shelf here for now). Honest, it is GRRRREAT! Well done!
It will be bringing a lot of bucks, I think!!!

Cheers,
Elly

Debora said...

Like Elly Said Elga, it will do great at auction! It's right up the sleeve of most people's interior design objective. But most of all it's made with a good eye for detail. That's what sets it apart.

Sandra from Sydney said...

It is exquisite!