
Well, my fire screen is almost finished, it just needs a final sanding, stain and a finish. Two of the corners of the frame will only be glued once the stain and finish has been put on if you are wondering about the gap.

I am quite pleased that the frame can slide up and down and stay in position, I was worried that it would want to fall down to the bottom.

Well, the drawers what can I say, except that it was quite a job, the drawes are only 3/32" (2,4mm) high. I am really happy at how it turned out. Only 4 days left till I leave for Castine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS: I really need some photographing lessons!!!!
Elga
Elga
9 comments:
Elga is fabulous!!! both the woodwork and the screen. How I wish I might come to castine...sigh sigh Rosanna
J'adore les petits tiroirs , c'est géniale !
Elga! The fire screen is amazing. I can't wait to see it finished! Have fun in Maine.
GREAT !
I love your work and your fire screen is a wonderful piece of cabinetmaking.
Once again : BRAVO !!!
Elga, Another gorgeous piece of art you have made! I can't wait to see it completed! How exciting that your Castine trip is right around the corner!! Take lots of pictures for us!! I look forward to hearing all about your trip!!!
Lovely fire screen! A grart work! Congratulations!. HUgs.
Elga , it is gorgeous, stunning, wonderful ( and I have mislaid my dictionary, so no more words of praise on the shelf here for now). Honest, it is GRRRREAT! Well done!
It will be bringing a lot of bucks, I think!!!
Cheers,
Elly
Like Elly Said Elga, it will do great at auction! It's right up the sleeve of most people's interior design objective. But most of all it's made with a good eye for detail. That's what sets it apart.
It is exquisite!
Post a Comment