Followers

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Victorian Kitchen




The kitchen was the first room that I built in this house when I was still very new to the hobby. I built the stove from the kit that came with the house but I made a lot of changes to it, the door leading to the hallway is also my own work.



You can get a glimpse of the hallway through the kitchen door. I made the little salt box and the plate is a paper plate with a picture of a real plate glued on top. I crocheted the potholders using a real life pattern.



I made all the furniture in this photo and hand painted the colonial chest.



To the left you can see a bit of the scullery which I will show you in a next post. I made the pie safe as well, making miniature furniture is something that I really enjoy very much.



The dresser is still far from finished, the stain needs to be redone and it still needs some drawers and doors on the bottom half. The little spice drawers in the top part can pull out and they still need knobs, as you can see I love blue and white porcelain, my real kitchen also has quite a collection.



Here you can see the kitchen as it looks today, the table and chairs were also made from the kits that came with the house, I used Houseworks legs for the table. The candle box is also one that I made and painted. The container next to the dresser is an antique fair find and is Dutch.

Until next time.
Elga

4 comments:

Fiver said...

Oh WOW! This dollhouse is awesome!!! It looks like a real little kitchen.

Alienora said...

Elga! Your kitchen is very cozy place. I like all furniture you chose, and colours throughout the kitchen.
Hugs from Alienora

Sandra Morris said...

Your kitchen is lovely Elga!

I love the attention to detail and especially the door leading through to the scullery.

Sandra

TINK-SONIA said...

Hi Elga,your kitchen is amazing full of details and so real,I love your minis.Miniregards from Spain.