Followers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Night Table Update



Here is 2 of the 3 night tables that I have been busy with. The one on the left has it's drawer and top lying in front, the top still needs to get the glass and embroidery in (I am still busy with the embroidery, will probably have it finished later this week). I struggled finding some thin enough plastic to use for the glass, well sometimes you find the right thing in the most unexpected places. A few weeks ago I went with my husband to a motorbike shop and lo and behold they sell replacement visors for the goggles that bikers use for off-road biking and it is only 1/32" (0.8mm) thick , just perfect. The table on the right has a solid wood top and is ready to be delivered to it's new owner.



The finished size of the night table is 2 1/8" (54mm) high and the top is 1 3/4" (45mm) square.I learned a lot of new techniques while making this, I had to overcome a lot of difficulties that cropped up but all in all a wonderful learning curve.

Elga

3 comments:

Miniatures by Natalia said...

Elga, it looks amazing. Can't wait to get and dress it with my needlepoint. Natalia

Elga said...

Natalia, and I can't wait to see what you are going to needlepoint for it and the other items that I am making for you :-)

elly in amsterdam said...

Beautifully done Elga! It really looks amazing!
Cheers,
Elly