Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New Furniture



I have been working on a new piece of furniture these last 2 months and I am finally making some progress now that I have all my tools sorted out. I am using Mopane wood for this piece of furniture.Hopefully mine will look as good as the original when it is finished, this is an early 19th century sewing table with a sliding screen in the back to protect Milady's face from the heat of the fire and you can see it here.



I am actually making five of them and they all have owners already. Here you can see the 5 sets of fronts and backs, the scrap piece in the one back is where I milled out a slot for the sliding screen, quite a tricky little job. I am still going to cut off the square parts on the bottom of the legs, they help to keep everything square while gluing.

Elga

10 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

Wauw what a lovely piece of furniture. I would like to see the finished piece.
Miniature greetings

Heleni said...

Oh wat een mooi tafeltje. Heel knap hoor.

groet Heleni

Marie75 said...

That is going to be a stunning piece as usual !
I am looking forward for your finished sewing table.

Miniature Treasures said...

I always enjoy looking at your work Elga, your attention to detail is truly remarkable.

Drora's minimundo said...

Your work is perfect. I love visiting and following your new pieces.
Mini hugs,
Drora

Josje said...

Oh this is lovely Elga! I love sewing tables. And I love furniture which has moving/sliding parts. So for me, this is a winner!

I very much enjoy seeing your work progress!

Catherine said...

What an interesting piece of furniture. And such a perfect piece for you to make in miniature!!! I can't wait to see the petitpoint for it.

Patty said...

They will no doubt be stunning! Your work is amazing!

Tam toum said...

If this piece of furniture looks like the real one when you finish it,it would be one of the most impressive miniature furniture that I would have ever seen .

Rosamargarita said...

Maravilloso! Siempre me sorprendes con tus finos trabajos.
Un abrazo