Followers

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Queen Anne Chair: Almost done



The chair is amost done, once again I made a jig for the back splat's profile. I cut it from 1/8" thick wood, after I had cut it out I used the drum sander on my moto tool to reduce the thickness and get the desired curve plus a lot of hand sanding. The shoe was made by routing the front with a small ball cutter, the sides I just cut with my scroll saw and once more a lot of shaping and sanding by hand.



I just need to turn the last little stretcher that goes between the two side stretchers today and then I can finish gluening it together, at the moment an elastic band is holding it together.



I couldn't resist putting my petit point on the chair, it was stitched on 48 count silk with DMC. Well, I am going to spend the rest of the day in finishing the final construction, then it still needs to be stained and finished with Danish Oil.

Elga

2 comments:

Miniatures by Natalia said...

Nice work, Elga! Natalia

Katrina said...

So beautiful chair. I love light color. Kati