Since the class I had time to look at a few more examples of decanters on the internet and decided to change the cradle into a simpler design than that of the class prototype, of course simpler doesn't always mean easier as I discovered with this one. I made one out of cardboard first as it had to be pretty exact. I made it from one solid piece of brass.
The second thing I changed was instead of just using a pin riveted into the cradle through the supporting uprights I made tiny screws with little knobs to keep the cradle in place after I saw that on an antique french wine decanter, here are all the pieces ready for final assembly.
To lower the bottle you turn the handle and if it wasn't for the cork the bottle would be empty now :-)
I thoroughly enjoyed this class and learned a lot of new techniques that I have since continued to practice at home.
Have a blessed Easter everyone.