Followers

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My new workroom and unexpected SNOW in my garden

The birdie has flown the nest and mom took over the bedroom for a workroom.

















The room seen from the door, the orange paint will be covered with white eventually, it was my daughter's choice of color a few years ago :-)























I can just turn around on the swivel chair (sorry Karin C, I would have loved an old wooden one, but they are expensive and scarce here) and reach everything behind me, there are still space for more storage containers on the bookshelf. The radio.... because I can't work without music.























Close-up of the desk surface and that is not my new lathe, it is coming soon!

















The desk from the other side, I am teaching my first workshop this Saturday at our local club, we will be making a tilt-top table and I am working hard to get the prototype finished, more about that later this week.























I want to replace the old radio cupboard with a chest of drawers for convenient storage, my house has all these funny angled walls, hence the weird shape of the work surface that still needs to be edged where my hubby cut it for me. Hmm, I should also consider adding a wall cupboard here sometime for more storage place. 

And then earlier today it snowed for a few minutes in my garden, I have lived in this area for 38 years and this is the first snow I have ever seen here.

















This is the part of the garden that I can see from my workroom, until today our winter has been very mild.























Roses and snow, what a combination, it is actually time to prune the roses before spring arrives in a month.

Have a great week
Elga 

12 comments:

Dorien Litjes said...

What a nice working space. You've got a lot of room to work in.
While the snow is coming down you can enjoy your colorful room.
Greetings Dorien

Caseymini said...

Elga, congratulations on the new workspace! It looks wonderful and very useful. I can't wait to see what you do there.

Josje said...

A great workspace Elga! How wonderful to be able to come in and get back to work immediately and leave the room for what is is without having to clean up first!
Now you can make even more amazing miniatures.

Snow? I bet you enjoyed seeing that! Your roses still look wonderful considering it is winter. I have what looks like the same rose in my garden.

We've been having rain, rain and more rain. My orchard looks like a giant pond and my sheep are practicing the backstroke at the moment.

Irene said...

You have a lovely good sized room there and I love your new desk - it looks idea for all the work space - definitely a lucky find.

One of my wee birdies has flown the nest recently too and like you, I have a room to play in thats all my very own!

Natalie Wilson said...

Wow, you are so lucky that you can have your tools out all the time, I have to pack mine away lol. Look forward to seeing the table project, hope it all comes together for your club.

Karin Corbin said...

Lots of elbow room for you. That is a big bedroom. Just think a whole room colored in safety orange! You will be very pleased when it goes to white.

Rosamargarita said...

Tu habitación de trabajo es magnífica, tienes mucha maquinaria.
Nieve en agosto? que extraño no?

Un abrazo
GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

Idske said...

Great to have such a wonderful space and so great to be able to organise everything! I quite like the orange and never thought I'd ever say that (the Dutch do way too much in orange). I've made my own version of your tilt top table and I was very grateful for your description of the bird cage (I used tiny turnings for model boats). I'll post a photo soon...

Greetings, Idske

Giac said...

Hi Elga,
What a wonderful workroom. I'm kind of envious. I'm happy you'll be able to work more comfortably and I'm sure everything will be even more efficient.
I just have to say I love your garden...it's so beautiful...hummm...ideas and inspiration for my rose garden on the side of dewell Manor...
Enjoy the snow...being from Montreal I don't get as excited anymore...
Big hug my friend,
Giac

Fi.P said...

Wow! What I wouldn't give for a work space like that!!
And all those beautiful tools!! Well deserved space for you Elga.

I think I've had enough of winter now and I'm looking forward to spring now too!

Fi xx

Sandie said...

Elga, you have set up your workroom in a very practical way. I'm sure you will find that it works most efficiently. And the view out to your garden is surely inspiring. We have had a mild winter here too and spring has already arrived, I think!

Ilona said...

Wow what a room, Elga, congrats!! Thank you for sharing your art work of furniture. Snow?? Over here it was 35-37oC last weekend! It seems to me the weather is lost the felling with all seasons ;)! And I love the orange color on the walls :D! When you paint them white you'll always remember the white snow! Beautiful roses.
Greetings, Ilona