Followers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Queen Anne Chair: Update



At last I have two chairs, I spent the last month building the second chair and taking the finish that I didn't like off the first chair. I went with my instincts this time and diluted the stain and put on two thin layers instead of one thick one, it is actually a bit darker than what the photos show. By the way, eye shadow applicators work wonderful for putting on stain.



Hope you like them, I started a tilt-top candle stand that will stand between the two chairs. I am working like crazy at the moment, I have only 3 weeks until I fly out to Castine, Maine for IGMA's Guild School. As a Scholarship student I was asked to donate a piece for IGMA's auction and am hard at work on a special piece for the auction which I will show to you as soon as it is finished.

Elga

9 comments:

Debora said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome to be awarded a schollarship, you deserve it! No doubt! I was one last year, so I know all about the anticipation you must feel right now :-)))) Enjoy the preperations, although you might feel stressed out if I read you correctly. But My God! What an experience it will be.....

I cant wait to meet up with you in person. It was so mind blowing last time I committed myself to go again. The best week of the year! Good luck with your preps, I can't wait to see what you'll be bringing.
Again, well deserved. They've chosen wisely. You're work has a very high quality!

Caseymini said...

Elga, the chairs are beautiful. Congratulations on the scholarship. I have a good friend that attends every year. She comes back with incredible miniatures. Have fun!

Susi said...

Perfecto trabajo, estoy aun con la boca abierta.....no puedo creer q son miniaturas, un gran beso y muchas felicidades,
Susi

Marie75 said...

You made a wonderful work !
And how lucky you are to go to Castine ! Some of my friends attend classes for many years. I am sure you will have fun and learn so many things !
Bon voyage !

Catherine said...

They are just beautiful! I like the light color of the wood too.

Miniatures by Natalia said...

Elga, Congratulations on finishing the chairs. Are you ready to "dress" them? Natalia

Victoria said...

Elga, congratulations!:) The chairs are really beautiful, great work!

Daydreamer said...

Wow, Elga! Your chairs are so Beautiful! Your workmanship is so amazing! Have a wonderful time at Castine.... I have been there but not for the workshops. I have heard of the workshops and hope you have a fantastic time! I admire your work and hope that someday I will be able to work with wood as finely as you do!

Minnie Kitchen said...

congratulations! what an honor! love your works!