Followers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Night Table With Petit Point Insert in Top




I have started on a new project, this is going to be a night table with a petit point insert on the top based on a photo of a real life table.In the first photo you can see the legs, sides and back pieces in various stages of being glued together. I got brave on this one and tried tongue and groove joints, not perfect but I am pleased with my first attempt.



In the next photo you can see the table framework all glued together.



In the third photo you can see that I have added the piece which will act as a stop for the drawer, the top will be glued on here with place in the middle for the petit point. The bottom piece is ready to be glued on.



In the last photo I put the table next to one of my HOM Chippendale chairs so that you can see it's size, now it is waiting for a drawer and the top, that might take another week or two as RL is intruding this week with my husband's 50th birthday and my daughter's graduation. Oh, and I am busy making 3 of these tables, one for me, one for Natalia who commisioned this piece and well the third one, that one will be for sale to anyone that would like to embroider the insert themselves.

Well, back to work now, the RL house needs a tidy up before the birthday party, and I need to bake a cake, some tarts and make salads for the very traditional South African "Braai" (barbeque) that we will have on Friday night to celebrate.

4 comments:

Ascension said...

Te ha quedado fantastica, enhorabuena.
besitos ascension

Rosamargarita said...

Es preciosa, con los insertos de "tongue" es una obra de arte!

Janice said...

Hi Elga, thank you for popping over to my blog and welcome to Blogland. I have only been blogging since March although I spent a few months soaking it all up before hand.
I am sure you will really enjoy visiting all the different blogs from all around the world. It has been so inspirational and helpful to me.

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

So very beautiful, both the table and the petit point!